Wednesday: Greek Yogurt and Homemade Granola
This berry powerful breakfast will give you enough gusto to make it through humpday.
You will need:
½ cup Greek Yogurt
5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
3 cups almonds, coarsely chopped
1 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup untoasted sesame seeds
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup rice syrup
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 300F (150C).
2. In a very large bowl, mix together the flaked grains or oats, almonds, sunflower and sesame seeds, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
3. In a small saucepan, warm the fruit puree with the rice syrup, honey, and oil.
4. Mix the fruit mixture into the dry ingredients until thoroughly dispersed, then divide and spread the mixture evenly on two baking sheets.
5. Bake the granola for about 45 minutes, stirring every ten minutes, until the granola is deep golden brown.
6. Remove from oven, then cool completely.
7. Store in a large, airtight container. Keeps for up to one month.
(Yields about 1kg)
Powered by Facebook Comments