Green Tea Sweets
Use our Happy Matcha powder to make these sweet green tea cookies. Here’s what you need:
3/4 cup (2.25 oz) Confectioners sugar
5 oz Unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 3/4 cup (8.5 oz) All-purpose flour
3 Large egg yolks
1.5 tbsp Matcha (powdered green tea)
1 cup Granulated sugar (for coating)
Yield (2” leaf shape): Approx 25
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk the confectioner’s sugar and green tea together in a bowl.
- Add the butter and green tea/sugar mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until smooth and light in color.
- Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Add the egg yolks and mix just until the eggs are fully incorporated and a mass forms.
- Form the dough into a disk and chill in the refrigerator until firm (about 30 minutes).
- Roll the dough out to ½” thickness.
- Cut the dough with a leaf cookie cutter.
- Toss each cut cookie in a bowl of granulated sugar to coat.
- Place the sugar-coated cookie on a parchment lined pan. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges
Powered by Facebook Comments
This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 4th, 2012 at 7:52 pm
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Comments are closed.