DIY Teacup Candles
Revitalize an old teacup and saucer with this easy project!
You will need:
1. Teacup and saucer
2. Microwavable wax (available at most craft stores)
3. A disposable container to heat the wax
4. Candle wicks with metal base (slightly taller than the top of the cup)
5. Wooden skewers
7. Essential oils (optional)
1. Wash and dry the teacup very well.
2. Put the wick in the centre of the teacup. Pin the top of the wick in between two wooden skewers. Wrap the tape around each side making sure the wick is pinched securely.
3. Heat the wax according to the instructions on the package. Once heated, add a few drops of scented oil and stir quickly using a wooden skewer or plastic spoon.
4. Pour the wax into the teacup.
5. Trim wick to 1/4″
6. Let sit until the wax is cool and solid.
Hint: this candle would make a great gift for a tea or craft lover!
Powered by Facebook Comments