Tag : Strawberry
We can’t wait for summer to arrive here at the nourishtea headquarters.
We can’t think of anything more summery than the sweet taste of berries, so here’s a recipe for strawberry butter to enjoy until the season arrives!
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
1/4 cup strawberry fruit preserves
(Note: You can use blueberry or wildberry preserves if you prefer.)
This entry was posted on Monday, April 29th, 2013 at 1:45 pm
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
We gave some hints on throwing the perfect tea party for your swee’TEA’ here, but what tea party is complete with out cookies?!
These soft strawberry cookies taste best dunked in our Sweet Berry Breeze tea.
Happy Valentine’s Day tea lovers!
You will need:
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable/canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. Set aside. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla by hand. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to form a dough- stir vigorously until all of the pockets of dry cake mix are gone.
3. Drop rounded balls of dough, about 2.5 Tablespoons each, onto prepared baking sheet. Make sure the balls of dough are taller than they are wide.
4. Bake for 10 minutes – do not let the cookies get brown. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes; they will be very soft at first. As they cool, the tops may settle down; press them down gently with your fingers if they are not sinking much. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
(Yields about 2 dozen cookies)
Recipe adapted from here.