Saturday: Breakfast Burritos
With a little more time in the morning, why not try something special in the kitchen? We love these breakfast burritos, especially topped with hot sauce. We’ve paired this recipe with our Cresting Cranes of Legend tea because it’s neutral flavour won’t overwhelm the spices in the burritos. Let’s eat!
You will need:
1 pack Italian sausages
1/4 tsp pepper
1 pinch salt
1 cup shredded old Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
1 green pepper, diced
6 large flour tortillas
2 cups salsa
1. With tip of knife, slit casing down length of sausage; push meat into large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, breaking up with spoon, for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain off fat.
2. Lightly beat together the eggs, pepper and salt; pour into pan with sausage and cook until beginning to set. Gently draw spatula across bottom of pan to form large soft curds; cook for about 3 minutes or until eggs are thickened and moist but no visible liquid remains. Stir in half of the cheese and the coriander.
3. Spoon egg mixture down centre of each tortilla; top with salsa, roll into a burrito.
4. Place seam down in a greased 13×9 glass baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese down the centre of the tortillas.
5. Bake in the oven at 400°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
6. Meanwhile, stir green pepper and remaining coriander into remaining salsa. Serve as a side to burritos.
Powered by Facebook Comments