Tag : crafts
Did you know March is ‘Craft Month’? As an hommage to our crafty tea fans, we thought it would be fun to share a tutorial on how to paint with tea!
Before you get started with your painting, you’ll need a few supplies that can be purchased at an art supply store.
You will need:
- Water colour paper (any size)
- Paint brushes (at least 1 small brush for detail)
- Containers or cups for different strength teas
- Boiling water
- Black tea leaves
Before you get started, you may want to get an image you like to use for reference. Or, you can let the creativity flow, and paint freestyle!
- First you will need to boil water and brew a few ‘colours’ of tea. We recommend to brew 3 different shades of tea. As a rule of thumb, remember more water and less tea will result in a lighter colour; less water and more tea will result in a darker colour. For the very light shade, you may want to remove the leaves with a spoon so the tea doesn’t get darker as you paint.
- Use a scrap piece of paper to test the strength of the colours. If they’re too dark, you can always add more water.
- You may want to set up some newspaper under your painting surface, as dark tea can stain.
- Start painting! We recommend painting on a flat surface as the paint is simply water, and can run very easily.
Happy March, tea drinkers!